…. a revolution in mental health care
…. a revolution in mental health care
JOB SUMMARY: Administers front desk, psychologist office assistance, and receptionist and in-take functions for neuropsychologist’s private practice. Oversees daily calendar of patient appointments, office flow & function, and related services for patients suffering from brain injury. Supports the daily mission and needs of physicians. Daily tasks may involve communications with multiple service providers and local hospitals (Lee Memorial, Health Park, Cape Coral, and Gulf Coast Hospital). The Front Desk Office Administrator is responsible for ensuring patients encounter high quality, detailed and case-accurate information, and dignified ancillary medical and administrative support services.
1. Duties include:
OTHER SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· Pleasant and professional telephone voice/manner. Ability to use communications systems.
· Ability to operate simple office equipment and modern day computing systems sufficiently for job performance. Ability to compose correspondence and spreadsheets using Word & Excel.
· The candidate must speak English. Candidates bilingual in Spanish is a plus
· Think analytically to respond to complex inquiries. Ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
· Assist in the efforts to manage day to day activities effectively and to meet and exceed the client needs and expectations for world class service
· Highly motivated and take ownership of personal and professional growth and development
· Ability to successfully interact with patients and other professionals to effectively deliver quality professional services to clients
· Patient service orientation combined with creative problem solving skills; strong written and oral communication skills; the ability to work effectively as part of a team, yet function well with independent responsibilities
· Excellent organizational abilities required. Manages time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the team.
· Must demonstrate accuracy, maturity and attention to detail.
· Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus, Flexibility
EDUCATION: Six months experience in the medical field or with a private physician is desired. Those with medical training, emergency response training, or administrative experience in a high-profile setting will receive primary consideration. Spanish language proficiency is strongly desired; however the applicant must speak English primarily in a clear and distinct manner for multiple communications platforms. This is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
PAY RATE: $15-17/hr depending on experience
Adele Gomez, RN, has extensive experience in the field of mental health, research and psychiatry. She came to Mind and Brain Care in 2014 with over seven (7) years of experience in neuropsychological psychometry at Lee Memory Care, Lee Health/ formerly Lee Memorial Health Systems.
In addition, she has worked as a Clinical Research Coordinator, developing and conducting research projects for the Memory Disorder Clinic in connection with Johnnie B. Byrd Alzheimer’s Research Institute and Department of Elder Affairs.
Adele earned her nursing degree from Florida Southwestern College/formerly Edison State College in 1992. She has been a Registered Nurse for over 30 year. She has over served over 19 years in the fields of geriatric and psychiatric nursing. She was a nurse Manager for The Inn at Cypress Cove, Director of Nursing Administration for The Lodge at Cypress Cove, Nurse Manager of Crisis Unit at Salus Care/ formerly known as Ruth Cooper Center, and Director of Nursing Administration at Gulf Coast Village.
Roberta Montgomery has extensive experience in the field of mental health, research and psychiatry. Roberta Studied Psychology and Business Marketing at University of South Florida graduating with honors with a BA in Psychology with Business minor.
Roberta has been with Mind and Care since 2016. She came with over eighteen (18) years of experience in social work, psychometry and medical conference event planner as a social work educator for Lee Memory Care, with Lee Health/ formerly Lee Memorial Health System.
In addition to serving patients at Mind and Brain Care, Roberta is a counselor at Abuse Counseling Treatment (ACT), where she has served for over 20 years providing support, education and therapy services to individuals affected by domestic violence and sexual assault.
Roberta also enjoys a creative passion with her unique handmade gemstone jewelry. With her Bijoux Du Lustre, gemstone jewelry, she takes things a step further using her artistic talent to help fund educational programs for older adults and individuals affected by domestic violence and sexual abuse.
Luz provided Spanish psychological testing for Mind and Brain Care's patients from 2013-2021. She returned in 2023 as our psychology technician, where she not only works as a Spanish psychometrist but has the added responsibility of overseeing patient care, clinic administration, and marketing.
Luz has had extensive training by the Florida Department of Health in areas of nutrition, client-centered care, caregiver training, Alzheimer's disease, working with difficult and combative people, end of life care, human rights, and activities of daily living.
Laura Mesa is usually the first friendly voice you hear when calling Mind and Brain Care.
She is fluent in both Spanish and English, as she hails from Cuba.
She is certified in Life and Variable Annuity Health Insurance. When she is not working at Mind and Brain Care, she enjoys spending time with her cats and husband.
Her hobbies include reading, sewing, playing the violin, and gardening.