This List is constantly being updated. If you do not see a talk you are interested in or something that fits your schedule, come back often. If you attended a talk, or missed a talk, contact us for pdf of talk, if available.
January 14, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
January 22, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
- Dr. Lopez will speak on “Brain Health”
- The Sanctuary Golf Club
- There is no charge for the event.
- Contact Barbara Gennity, Director of Wellness, 239-333-3763
February 4, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
February 6, 2019 at 1:00 p.m.
- Dr. Lopez will speak on “Differential Diagnosis of and screening for dementia”
- New Hope Presbyterian
- There is no charge for the event. Event is for Stephen Ministers
- Contact Pastor Stu: 239.274.1230
March 4, 2019 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Dr. Lopez will moderate at The Seventh Annual Symposium on Alzheimers Disease and Related Dementias
- This year’s topic is Prevention of Dementia
- Florida Gulf Coast University, 10501 FGCU Blvd S, Fort Myers, FL 33965, United States
- There is no charge for the event; however, there will be a $50 fee for CEU-seeking candidates and a license number must be provided with your RSVP. CEUs are available for Nurses, Nursing Home Administrators and Guardians. CEUs for Social Workers are still pending. Breakfast will be provided.
- Presented by the Alvin A. Dubin Alzheimer’s Resource Center and Florida Gulf Coast University Marieb College of Health and Human Services.
- RSVP by February 22, 2019: at the Alvin A. Dubin Alzheimer’s Resource Center at (239) 437-3007 or; email@example.com.
- Featured Speakers: KEN SHARLIN, MD, Neurologist, Sharlin Health and Neurology, Ozark, MO, Presentation: The Healthy Brain Toolbox – Neurologist-Proven Strategies to Prevent Memory Loss and Protect Your Aging BrainDOMINIC D’AGOSTINO, PhD, Research scientist, University of South Florida, Presentation: Targeting Brain Energy Metabolism and Inflammation for Healthy AgingCAMERON CAMP, PhD, Applied Gerontologist, Center for Applied Research and Dementia, Solon, Ohio Presentation: Resident-Driven Communities: A New Model of Memory Care
March 23, 2019 9:00 a.m.
March 23, 2019 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Dr. Lopez will speak be at the Brain Fair 2019, presenting on “Lifestyles to Optimize Brain Functions Post TBI”
- “Every 23 seconds someone in the United States sustains a traumatic brain injury. 50,000 do not survive. Those that do are changed forever.”
- This is a FREE FAMILY COMMUNITY EVENT(!) to learn the facts about Brain Injury Awareness – (Acquired, Concussion, and Traumatic Brain Injury), and how to prevent it.
- Location: South Regional Library of Collier County, 8065 Lely Cultural Parkway, Naples, Florida 34113
- For More Information: Call MIRACLES AMONG US: 239-529-5284 Or go to their website: miraclesamongus.org
April 27, 2019 1:00 p.m.
- Dr. Lopez will speak be at the 2019 Parkinson’s Awareness Symposium “Brain health, for Individuals with Parkinson’s Disease and their Caregivers”
- This is event for person’s with Parkinson’s Disease and their caregivers
- Location: Kingsway Country Club 13625 SW Kingsway Circle, Lake Suzy, FL 34269
- For More Information: call 941-743-4987
May 9, 2019 8:15 a.m – 4:00pm.
- Dr. Lopez will speak be at the 2019 Conference on Aging
- Topic is: Alcohol Dementia-handout
- This is a day-long, multi-disciplinary conference for professionals, older adults, and caregivers.
- Six continuing education credits are available for attorneys, guardians, nurses, social workers, marriage and family therapists, mental health counselors, nursing home administrators, and physical therapists.
- Sponsored by Beth A. Prather Elder Law Attorney; hosted by Hope Healthcare in partnership with Florida Gulf Coast University, Senior Care Choices at Lee Health, Lighthouse of Southwest Florida, and United Way of Lee County
- Location: Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops.
- Register Here
June 21, 2019
July 26, 2019
August 21, 2019 11:30-2:00
- Dr. Lopez will speak be at Quest for Success on “Dementia Prevention”
- Meets one (2) CE requirement for RNs, LPNs, LMFTs, LMHCs, LCSWs, and CNAs, Guardians
- Location: Keystone Place, at Four Cove, cape Coral, FL (1701 Four Mile Cove Parkway, Cape Coral, FL 33990) ; 239-677-3969
- For More Information: call Debbie Graley-Devnew, Business Development Director, Right At Home 239-314-6535
- Dementia-Diagnosing and Prevention-.ppt
October 2, 2019, 12:15 p.m.-1:15 p.m.